Please note that TODAY, March 31st, is the last day of the Early Bird price for the GWSB Golf Tournament next Sunday, April, 6th. Book a group of four and get 10% off each ticket!
The The Erik K. Winslow Award is a $500 award to a graduate student with a passion and interest for entrepreneurship.
Dr. Erik K. Winslow, Co-founder and Co-director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE), has been a source of inspiration and motivation for the Top 25 ranked entrepreneurship program at GW. To honor his decades long contributions to research and student excellence, CFEE will present a $500 award to a graduate student committed to using the entrepreneurial mind-set and skill-set in their post graduation career.
Jonas Umbrellas sells limited edition umbrellas to fund clean water wells at schools in Sub-Saharan Africa. This is the link to our funding page!
Please note the following announcements regarding the George Washington University fundraising golf tournament at The Courses at Andrews at 2PM on Sunday, April 6th, 2014.
1) Players who may need a bit of an introduction should come a bit earlier and enjoy a complimentary introductory lesson from a former Trump National Golf Instructor at 1PM.
2) Make the day one of team building and camaraderie and save some money. Sign up with a team of four members and receive 10% off each ticket, through March 31st!
3) Please note there are no more womens’ clubs available through The Courses at Andrews. However, you can rent clubs at www.clubhub.com. Get $10 off with using the promo code “20762”!
We are posting this message to put a brand new socially-conscious umbrella line on your radar, Jonas Umbrellas – fashion with a purpose. Founded by Josh Pavano, an MBA candidate at GWU, Jonas Umbrellas aims to bridge the gap between the consumer and those in need across the world. Jonas Umbrellas has partnered with the Drop in the Bucket non–profit organization to reach 1,000 school children per well, promote sanitation education and save lives. Each limited edition umbrella sold is dedicated to a clean water well project in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Jonas Umbrellas has created an Indiegogo campaign that will launch March 29th. To celebrate this launch, Jonas Umbrellas is hosting an event on Wednesday, April 3rd, 4pm to 8pm in the Duques Lobby. Acitivites at this launch include:
– Raffle off a preorder for an umbrella every hour.
– Profile picture campaign. We are having people take photos with the umbrella and doing a profile change day!
– There will be several ambassadors for the company and electronic devices for people to view the campaign.
This is a big opportunity to watch the GW Stock Pitch Competition, as well as to network with professionals! There will be three selected teams to present their repot of equity analysis, and the winner will represent GWU to compete with John Hopkins University and University of Maryland in the final round.
We also invited excellent judges including:
Violeta Tkachuk (Short Term Funding Officer at Federal Home Loan Banks)
Pedro Martinez (Associate at Interlink Capital Strategies)
Bin Li (Principal Associate at Capital One)
Rodey Lake (Professor at GWU School of Business)
Come to join in us with the GW Stock Pitch Competition! Contact [email protected] for more information.